What vitamin is most people lacking
Nutrient deficiency: what can happen there?
A balanced diet is important to stay fit and healthy. Because through our food, including beverages, essential substances are supplied to the body. Includes a balanced diet
- Minerals and fiberwhich are mainly found in fruits and vegetables
- carbohydratesfound in bread, potatoes, rice and pasta
- Egg whitesfound in dairy products, eggs, beans, fish and meat
- Fats, the z. B. are contained in butter, oil and fatty foods (not too much!)
Consequences of nutrient deficiency
Incorrect or one-sided nutrition (e.g. also with diets) can lead to deficiency symptoms. In most cases, the body is then insufficiently supplied with vitamins, proteins or trace elements.
Here are the nutrients that people in Europe are most likely to lack:
1. Vitamin D
Vitamin D is important for the skin, bones, teeth, and the cardiovascular and immune systems. With sufficient solar radiation, our body can produce it itself. We can also get it from foods such as eggs, cheese, avocado and fatty fish (e.g. salmon). If the body lacks vitamin D in the long term, fatigue, concentration disorders, frequent colds and, in old age, muscle and bone weakness are the result.
2. Vitamin C
Vitamin C (also: ascorbic acid) is needed to strengthen our immune system and to keep bones, tendons, skin and blood vessels healthy. It occurs in all citrus fruits (e.g. oranges, lemons) as well as in many berries (e.g. currants, sea buckthorn) and vegetables (e.g. broccoli, red peppers). Vitamin C deficiency can lead to bleeding gums, poor wound healing, fatigue and susceptibility to colds.
3. Vitamin B 12
Vitamin B 12 is required by our body for cell development, blood formation and the functioning of our nervous system. It can be ingested through foods such as meat, fish (e.g. mackerel, herring), eggs and dairy products (e.g. cheese). If the body does not receive enough vitamin B 12 in the long term, anemia can occur. As a result, one suffers z. B. on cold hands and feet, exhaustion and poor concentration.
Proteins are important sources of energy for the body. They are also needed for our immune system and for building skin, hair and muscles. Dairy products, eggs, meat, fish and legumes (e.g. beans, peas, lentils) are particularly rich in protein. If you don't want to eat animal products, tofu (made from soybeans) is a good alternative. Protein deficiency can lead to hair loss, stunted growth and frequent infections in humans.
5. Iron (trace element)
Iron is important for blood formation and for the oxygen supply to our cells. We can get this nutrient through kernels and seeds (e.g. pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds), green herbs (e.g. thyme, mint, dill), meat, whole grain products, some vegetables (e.g. spinach, lamb's lettuce) and pick up legumes. In most cases, iron deficiency is caused by an improper diet, illness or high blood loss. In particular, fatigue, dizziness, poor concentration, sleep disorders and headaches are common consequences of iron deficiency and the associated anemia.
6. Zinc (trace element)
Zinc is important for skin, hair and wound healing. Our body also needs it for the functioning of our nervous system. The trace element is particularly found in cheese (e.g. Emmentaler, Gouda), nuts (e.g. peanuts), fish, meat and pulses (e.g. lentils). If the body lacks zinc, this is shown, for example, by white spots on the nails, poor concentration, susceptibility to diseases or poor vision in the evening.
What can be done about nutrient deficiency?
First and foremost, of course, it is important to eat properly. A lot has already been done with the daily portion of fruit and vegetables as well as the occasional fish or meat. However, if there has been an undersupply of nutrients for a long time, this cannot always be compensated for. The family doctor will then help and, for example, prescribe a so-called dietary supplement for a certain period of time. This compensates for the deficiency in the body.
How is your diet? Do you still have questions? Then write us a comment!
- Most successful people attend school meetings
- Can an incubus be gay
- What's the best CPA rating
- Why do we need differential calculus
- Does unemployment affect social security?
- What does republic mean
- How are harmonics created on guitars
- Can Comcast refund your money
- Is it worth doing BPharm from BITS
- Is Patagonia like Alaska
- Where does the word Tuesday come from?
- What is sweetheart and darling in Tamil
- Why is Batman afraid of bats?
- Is there an expiration date for vodka
- How to learn esoteric astrology
- What is meant by inverse piezoelectric effect?
- Is an Ola affiliate business profitable
- What are some good films for teenagers
- The universities take care of your absences
- Who won the civil war and why
- What are your favorite documentaries on education
- How is the job market in Trinidad
- What is the IPD customization for VR headsets
- Which party supports Big Pharma
- Is it good to have a facial
- How to freeze beer instantly
- Who is not ready for Christmas
- Is Bayers present in Gurgaon
- What are the accomplishments of your life
- Which light beers are safe for diabetics
- What do network programmers do
- Why do Redditors act so weird
- How do I do an apprenticeship without money
- Survive or Live