How do sarcoma and carcinoma cancers differ
The name of tumors depends on the type of cell from which a tumor develops. Tumors can arise from various tissues, e.g. B. from glandular, muscle, connective or supporting tissue. Malignant tumors that develop from gland cells are called Carcinomas (Greek "karkinos" = cancer). In turn, a benign tumor that grows from gland cells is called Adenoma (Greek aden = gland). Sarcomas on the other hand are malignant tumors that develop from muscle or connective tissue (Greek "sarx" or "sarkos" = meat).
Further examples of how malignant and benign tumors are named after their tissue of origin can be found in the table below. In addition, there are tumors that originate from different cells, e.g. B. of muscle and gland cells. These tumors are called mixed tumors.
Names of benign and malignant tumors depending on their tissue of origin:
|Designation of benign tumors||Name of malignant tumors||Cells from which tumors develop|
|Adenoma, papilloma||carcinoma||Gland cells (epithelial cells)|
|Fibroma||Fibrosarcoma||Connective tissue cells|
|Leiomyoma||Leiomyosarcoma||Smooth muscle cells|
|Rhabdomyom||Rhabdomyosarcoma||Striated muscle cells|
|Angiomyoma||Angiomyosarcoma||Muscle cells in the wall of blood vessels|
|Hemangioma or lymphangioma||Angiosarcoma||Cells that form the walls of blood vessels or lymph vessels|
|Osteoma||Osteosarcoma||Bone cells (osteocytes)|
|Melanocyte nevus||Malignant melanoma||Pigment cells of the skin (melanocytes)|
|Meningioma||Meningiosarcoma||Cells of the soft meninges|
|–||Myeloid Leukemia||Certain white blood cells, including precursor cells in the bone marrow|
|–||Malignant lymphoma, lymphocytic leukemia||Lymph cells (lymphatic system)|
|Teratoma||Germ cells in ovaries and testes, chest, abdomen, brain|
|Blastoma||Embryonic cells during early tissue and organ development|
- Will Reba McEntire ever retire?
- Why don't you love me back
- How do you stop wasting energy
- What is general in the military
- Do cats have a certain smell?
- Will you be rich in 3 years
- Goats eat mugwort
- How does the Circle app make money
- What was the slave trade triangle
- What is silicidation in VLSI manufacturing
- How has the internet changed consumers
- Which TV stand should I choose
- How many times does Rakesh Jhunjhunwala sell stocks
- How can I clean my car easily?
- How do we create a gyroscopic antigravity
- What lime is used for plastering
- Are EpiPens insured
- Which two important macromolecules contain nitrogen
- Joule is a basic unit
- What problems do people have with religions
- Why are big cats missing cat eyes
- Why didn't the Mongols invade Africa?
- How to say 101 in Spanish
- How do people think negatively