How do I monitor network communication
Comprehensive, straightforward network monitoring
Reduce your network downtime and discover hidden problems affecting bandwidth to keep your users as productive as possible.
Get an overview of your entire network - no more flying blind.
Discover hidden problems that are affecting the performance of your network.
Find solutions faster by eliminating potential problem sources early on.
Set up holistic monitoring for all your network ports in just a few minutes.
Discover critical trends using real-time and historical data.
Some of the manufacturers we support ...
An easy to set up, holistic network monitoring tool
Your entire company depends on a well-functioning network infrastructure. But networks in small companies can also become very complex over time and it quickly becomes very difficult to keep an eye on everything.
Checkmk can help you monitor your entire network. The network monitoring tool supports not only the most popular manufacturers, but also a large number of providers outside the mainstream. And all of this without complicated configurations and endless alarms. With a few clicks you can monitor all your network devices, e.g .:
- Switches & Routers - Monitor packet rates, error rates, bandwidth and status of ports, CPU usage, fans, power supply, temperature and more. Supported are e.g. Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, Brocade, Dell, Enterasys, Extreme Networks, Huawei, Intel, Juniper, TP-Link, etc.
- Wireless - You can also monitor your wireless networks, e.g. status of access points, signal strength and connected devices for Aerohive, Aruba Networks, CBL, MikroTik, Netgear, Fritz! Box, etc.
- Firewalls - Ensure the security of your network by monitoring the general status, the condition of VPN tunnels, the high availability status and other metrics of your BlueCat, Checkpoint, F5, FireEye, FortiGate, IBM, Palo Alto Networks, etc. devices.
With Checkmk it is easy to monitor all network interfaces. But should you really monitor all ports? Yes! You will find that it is less work than you think, and it will reveal broken patch cords, bad configurations, and more. And in the end, actually fix the root cause of your problems instead of spending money on potentially unnecessary server upgrades or IT consultants.
Highly efficient network monitoring
Checkmk uses a rule-based concept for the configuration of your monitoring. This is especially useful when monitoring a large number of similar devices as opposed to a template-based approach where you have to configure each "sensor". You can configure your entire network monitoring with just a few rules, e.g. monitoring only the error rate for access ports.
Routers and switches can have several hundred SNMP messages - so it is important to only monitor what is really important. Checkmk knows what is important and filters the data for you so that you can see the metrics you need.
For small networks and ISPs
Checkmk contains more than 1,900 preconfigured checks and can very likely monitor every switch, router or firewall you have. You can monitor the network interfaces of low-end switches with just a few ports. But you can also monitor huge, hundreds of ported core switches or the devices that are the core of the Internet - BGP sessions, routing engines, fans, storage, file systems, and more from your BGP router.
Evaluation of network ports
Have you ever stood in front of a switch and wondered which ports are actually being used and which are not and where the cable has simply not been removed? Have you ever disconnected the internet from the boss because it looked like the port was down but the boss was just on a business trip?
Checkmk combines real-time data and historical data to determine which ports of a switch are being used. With the switch port statistics function, you can immediately see the status of ports, which port is being used and when it was last used.
In addition to comprehensive network monitoring, the Checkmk Enterprise Edition from version 2.0 also optionally supports the monitoring of network flows. The integration of network flow monitoring from ntop offers you even more detailed monitoring and analysis of network traffic - without having to leave the Checkmk interface.
By analyzing flow data, you can find out which hosts, applications or protocols are communicating with each other. This enables you to break down the network usage per host, destination address, protocol or application and thus identify what the top talkers and top listeners are in your network. Network flow monitoring also helps you to detect bottlenecks or anomalies in your network infrastructure.
The network flow integration enables you to call up an overview of the information provided by ntop on your flow data via a main dashboard in Checkmk. You can also view all flow information and analyze all flow-specific alarms via the alert dashboard. In addition, the flow data provides you with additional information on each host, such as traffic packets, ports, peers and applications.
Find out more about network flow monitoring with Checkmk.
VPN and remote workplace monitoring
Avoid capacity bottlenecks, bandwidth and performance problems or configuration errors slowing down your VPN and remote workplace architecture. This is the only way to ensure that your employees can easily access the tools and applications they need from home or on the go.
With Checkmk you are able to monitor the status and number of your active VPN tunnels and the amount of bytes transmitted via VPN, so that you can identify problems at an early stage and guarantee secure remote access to your company infrastructure at any time.
Avoid your VPN gateway becoming a bottleneck in your remote architecture by easily monitoring the device's CPU utilization with Checkmk. Checkmk thus helps you to react to possible bottlenecks at an early stage.
With remote workplaces, it makes sense to monitor several parameters at the same time to ensure smooth operation. Here, too, you should always keep an eye on the performance utilization of your gateway. Checkmk also helps you to keep an eye on the resource capacities of your virtual platform. Because only if sufficient CPU, RAM or storage IO is available, smooth operation and possible scaling of the virtual workstations is guaranteed.
Good reasons to choose network monitoring with Checkmk
Compatible with almost anything
Checkmk supports almost every network device.
Highly scalable & flexible
Checkmk can monitor even the most distributed and largest IT infrastructures. One instance of Checkmk alone can monitor thousands of servers and is easily horizontally scalable.
Checkmk intelligently recognizes which metrics are to be monitored without the need for additional configuration.
Checkmk enables you to set up monitoring in less than 15 minutes. Installation is super easy and quick!
Checkmk gives us an overview and knowledge of the systems and applications that drive our business. We understand the life cycle and usage patterns of our systems. This is really a powerful feature of Checkmk in order to be able to make important business decisions regarding these systems.
Global companies and local organizations around the world trust Checkmk
Test the Checkmk Enterprise Free Edition
Download the latest version of the Checkmk Enterprise Free Edition today and see it in action.
- What is keyword streaming in digital marketing
- How do you cure severe agoraphobia
- What do the locals eat in Montreal
- What language has the best television programs
- How do nomadic travelers see the world
- There was communism before Karl Marx
- Who is Mick Jagger
- Is Ripple more inflationary
- Dream i ruined my life
- Why is Vancouver so expensive
- What electricity is produced by a generator
- Which Indian train station has the first escalator
- How do I create reader personalities
- Beluga whales use echo localization
- Why should a flight carry additional oxygen?
- Is jQuery better than MooTools
- How do I get $ 300 a week
- Geetha Givindam is a Hindi dubbed film
- What is made in Nepal
- What liquid more than solids when heated
- What is revenue and cost
- Why do YouTubers mostly play PUBG
- How do the doctor's schedules work
- How could I use WhatsApp safely?
- What is the binary code for 46
- Who are the investors in RueLaLa
- Dogs Pets Race What is a race
- What is the Wells Fargos overdraft fee
- Why is Indian culture so bad
- What is the incident with the Chicago Cubs Steve Bartman
- I can really love whoever I want
- What do INFJs think of psychopaths
- What makes positive thinking people turn negative
- Can we censor swear words on Quora?