What is a computer language 3
6.1 Programming languages of the first to third generation
6.1.1 Machine language
Programs that were written directly by a programmer in a specific machine language are usually smaller and faster than programs whose source code was translated into machine code by a translation program.
Machine languages are considered first generation programming languages.
6.1.2 Assembly language
So that a programmer does not have to know the corresponding bit sequence for every command, there is often a suitable assembly language for a machine language.
Creating assembler code directly for complex programs is time-consuming and not very convenient. A sensible structuring of the program is not easy, which has a negative effect on the maintainability of the program. In addition, the program would have to be rewritten for each processor type that “speaks” a different machine language.
In return, assembler code can be programmed very efficiently, as the programmer can optimize it directly for the respective processor type. If the performance or memory requirements of a program play a decisive role, it can make sense to write them directly in an assembly language. An example of this would be complex scientific calculations.
Assembly languages are known as second generation programming languages.
6.1.3 Higher programming language
Typically, programs today come with a higher programming languagesuch as Java, C ++, or C #. Their program code is closely based on a human language (mostly English), can be better structured and is therefore easier for people to understand. In addition, it is hardware-independent, which means that it is not tailored to a specific processor type.
Ultimately, however, this program code must also be translated into a machine language before the program can be executed. The executable program is then no longer hardware-independent and only runs on the processor types that understand the selected machine language.
High level programming languages are referred to as third generation programming languages.
- Do you see little things on Netflix
- Why is Mount Kailash sacred to Jain
- What is meant by civil airspace?
- Breitbart is a tabloid
- What are the top mobile technology blogs
- What other animals use tools besides humans?
- How long does a spa cover last?
- What happened when Tibet separated from China
- How does Tres Leches cake taste
- How do I use Proactiv
- What happens if the water warms up further
- How does Neo4j compare to HyperGraphDB
- What is meant by composite residential building
- How to make clothes longer
- Is the MuleSoft Anypoint software proprietary
- Is it safe to travel to Greece?
- What is an example of a cosmetic
- What is the Java program
- Why is chess easier than snooker
- What is CCPAP in banking
- What is external hardware
- Can cigarette smokers finish a marathon
- A misdiagnosis is common
- Which is the best AI development company