Can I bring homeopathic medicines to Australia?
Import regulations Australia: what is allowed into the country?
The Import regulations for Australia are very strict and should be strictly adhered to in any case, as violating the rules can result in a fine of up to AUD 66,000 or even a prison sentence of up to 10 years. This is of course the extreme case, but it symbolizes that an offense in this regard is not regarded as a minor offense. So that you know what everything is allowed into the country and what is better to stay at home or must be declared to Australian customs, we have compiled a list of the most important examples and provided them with explanations.
What must be declared?
- Food: fruit, vegetables, nuts, dairy products, sausage, cheese, honey, eggs, meat, fish etc. (regardless of whether they are welded, dried or pickled)
- Animal products: furs, feathers, wool, animal hair, hides, shells, animal feed, etc.
- Vegetable products: leaves, baskets, bags, arrangements, herbs, soil, seeds, wooden objects, etc.
- Medication: All prescription medication, such as the contraceptive pill, etc.
- Alcohol & Tobacco: A maximum of 2.25 liters of alcohol (wine, beer, spirits) & 25 cigarettes or 25 grams of tobacco products (sealed parcel) as well as an already opened parcel may be imported into the country duty-free.
- Foreign exchange: AUD 10,000 must not be exceeded
- A value of 1,000 AUD must not be exceeded
- Porn must also be declared
- Guns, steroids and drugs are not allowed to enter Australia
- It is advisable to indicate a little too much rather than too little on the "Incoming Passenger Card" handed out on the plane, as the import regulations in Australia are to be taken very seriously. Furthermore, it should be noted that it usually does not take very long until the customs officers have inspected the declared products and you are out of control again.
- Even if there are no problems at customs with wooden jewelry or down sleeping bags, you should declare them, as they are also made of vegetable or animal material.
- Before departure, the camping equipment must be cleaned thoroughly (e.g. earth residues on the pegs, on the tent floor, etc.), as dirty equipment will not pass through customs under any circumstances.
Links recommended by Google
Sending a package to Australia in compliance with the rules
If you have a nostalgic, birthday or Christmas parcel sent to you, make sure that the content complies with Australian import regulations. If you want to be sure that the package will definitely arrive, you have to do without certain products, possibly even mom's Christmas cookies. As a rule, originally packaged sweets such as gummy bears, gingerbread or chocolate are not a big problem for import regulations in Australia. Furthermore, it is important to ensure that nothing is sent in cardboard boxes that were formerly used to store meat, fruit or vegetables because these could also contain germs and nothing escapes the Australian sniffer dog. The AQIS (Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service) of the "Department of Agriculture" is responsible for the import permits for food and provides precise information about what is allowed and what is prohibited.
You can find out more about Australian customs, declarations and the "Incoming Passenger Card" in the article Customs: What to look out for when entering the country. This very detailed list of the Department of Agriculture explicitly shows all products that may not be imported into Australia or have to be declared.
You might also be interested in that
- Who are the main characters in Pokemon
- Santa Claus cares about everyone
- What is rock lyrics usually about?
- Where will your next vacation destination be?
- Which documents are essential for the purchase on site
- Is it possible never to love
- Is pasteurized milk actually safer?
- Why is Newton going to kill Robert Hooke
- How does vacuum insulation work
- What makes a good liberal president
- Is Kia a quality brand
- A pump lifts fluid
- Why do people hate HR
- Is Zillow reliable
- Do you miss being in love?
- What is temperature coefficient
- In our time anonymity is impossible
- What tea rituals are performed in China?
- What causes a volcano to become inactive
- How does the user experience affect information security
- Who is Debbie Rowe
- What are the catch crops of a rice field
- Can sociopaths feel ashamed?
- How do roller coaster safety functions work