What is the main limit flaw
Southern Lokichar Basin - South Lokichar Basin
The South Lokichar Basin is a Cenozoic sedimentary basin in Kenya. It is part of the East African rift system, although it is no longer active. It has been the site of a number of oil discoveries by Tullow Oil and its partners since 2012.
The southern Lokichar Basin is a north-south trending half-ditch with the main boundary fault on the western edge. It is approximately 80 km long, 25 km wide and has a maximum depth of over 7 km. The main flaw, known as the Lokichar flaw, is a relatively small angle and planar cross-section, although the slope along strike varies significantly from 12 ° to 60 °.
The basin is filled by a succession of Oligocene (possibly as old as Eocene) to Miocene sedimentary rocks. There is a major interval of volcanic rocks near the top of the sequence, the Auwerwer basalts, dated with K-Ar dating to the Middle to Late Miocene (12.5-10.7 Ma).
Exploration in the basin began with the Loperot-1 well drilled by Royal Dutch Shell in 1992. Some oil was found in thin sand, but the presence of high quality and mature spring rock and reservoir sand of good quality was detected. This phase of exploration ended when the company judged the results to be non-commercial. In 2008, Africa Oil Corp acquired a PSA for the 10BB license over the basin. In 2010, they gave up part of their interest in Tullow, which became the operator. In 2012, drilling commenced on Ngamia-1, which was an important discovery. As a result, eight more discoveries were made, all, like Ngamia, near the basin boundary fault. There are now enough discovered resources for commercial development. The proposed export route for the oil is the Kenya Crude Oil Pipeline.
- What is Native American poetry
- It can snow in the Bay Area
- What is 2 2 68
- What is the difference between selfishness and greed
- What are some good fried potato recipes
- California is overdue for a massive earthquake
- What is energy in relation to energy
- What does it mean to be called a bastard
- What does GA mean in football
- What is the best iphone wallpaper website
- Who is a hero 2
- When will Pluto be a real planet
- What is CPU fallback
- Are educational courses GST-free
- Why do lemon tree leaves curl
- Where did Manuel Pellegrini go wrong?
- Can we change genetic traits naturally?
- Addicted to cigarettes
- What video games have amazing sound effects
- Check out colleges on social media
- How does the Ukrainian military compare to Russia?
- What is pointer in c
- Why do people hate Sindhis
- What is the history of the apartments