What are Linux Internals
Operating systems II
At first glance, it is quite surprising how many new operating system developments are still being made today. A closer examination reveals that there are often very good reasons for this: Special applications - especially in the area of embedded systems - require tailor-made and optimized operating systems that offer exactly the services required by the application without functional overhead. Security-relevant applications with long-term maintenance requirements often require operating system software to be developed in-house in order to have full access to the source code and not to be dependent on an external supplier. The lecture is therefore aimed at students who are interested in the following questions:
- How are operating system services actually implemented?
- What does the architecture of a modern operating system look like?
- How can you design and implement tailor-made operating systems for special applications yourself?
In order to answer these questions as specifically as possible, we take the Linux operating system. Since the availability of the new kernel version 2.0, this has been equipped with an acceptable architecture and enables us to access all sources free of charge and, if necessary, to install them on our own PC. Those who do not have the latter option can use the level 0 PCs for Linux-specific exercises (about 1/3 of the tasks), all of which are already equipped with Linux.
At this point a critical comment by Niels, Markus and Ralf on the content of the lecture: Parental Advisory
- What types of sweets can vegans eat?
- How to clear the chakra blockage in the throat
- Why do alligators live in salt water
- Why did Oracle buy Micros
- What is DSL technology
- How can a vacuum pipe be prestressed?
- Scars heal more slowly with age
- The toilets are clogged
- Coding is required for DevOps
- The term casual nonchalance is superfluous
- What did Ronnie Coleman eat
- How can I talk to girls
- What should I call a Roman girl?
- What is China's long-term economic plan
- Which sports have their origins in the USA
- How does the resistance vary with the diameter?
- How do you experience the Scrubs show
- Previous life regression therapy may treat narcissism
- How do I download Xender for PC
- People still iron clothes
- What is the number one burger chain
- How would you code this algorithm
- Most clairvoyants don't hear voices either
- What happens when aluminum reacts with water