Who was Vishwasrao
Parvatibai - Parvatibai
|House|| Kolhatkar (by birth) |
Bhat (by marriage)
Parvatibai (April 6, 1734 - September 23, 1763) was the second wife of Sadashivrao Bhau. She came from the Kolhatkar family in Pen and was married to Sadashivrao Bhau after the death of his first wife Umabai. Therefore, she became a member of the Peshwa family. She was also a trusted confidante of Shahuji. Her niece Radhikabai was married to Vishwasrao.
When the Marathas under Sadashivrao went to North India, she accompanied her husband. On the way to Panipat, she made a pilgrimage together with Nana Phadnavis and other women in the Maratha camp to Mathura and Vrindavan. She was present in the last battle on January 14, 1761, and was successfully led from the battlefield by some loyal men of Sadashivrao Bhau. She accidentally met Malharrao Holkar on her escape route that led her safely to the south of the Chambal River.
Death of her husband and consequences
Her husband Sadashivrao Bhau died in the third battle of Panipat. For the rest of her life she refused to be a widow (as she had promised her husband before the battle).
She saw many ups and downs in the Maratha Empire and died when Madhavrao I was in power. She died of pneumonia in Pune and was treated as a sati by Sadashivrao Bhau after her death. She was cremated in Pune, but the Marathas were unable to erect a memorial to her. Her after death rituals were performed in her hometown of Pen.
In popular culture
- How is the transistor connected in a circuit
- Which vehicles did Ford stop making?
- What's the easiest way to make egg liqueurs
- Why is Groupon more successful than LivingSocial
- There are no moral absolutes
- Why is orange groin unhealthy?
- What are the benefits of brown sugar
- What are the most interesting facts about Mahabharat
- Are there any free alternatives to Disqus
- Beta amyloid occurs naturally
- How does a capacitor start the engine
- What is state redistribution
- Where is the Venera 1 probe now?
- Why is soup tastier when it is hot
- Weeds ignite the stomach
- What is the UI trend in 2018
- What's your best secret travel spot
- Jumping after eating causes appendicitis
- Is the white label a lucrative CBD brand
- What is the best Manglish writing software
- Is Adguard safe
- Why are many toppers just book worms
- When does Silicon Valley stop lobbying?
- Is Islamic Finance legitimately Islamic
- How do you measure capital
- Does diet affect acne in teenagers
- When do the Star Wars episodes end?
- What is page segmentation
- Who uses darts in production
- What do you mean by breathing
- Can a chemical engineer work in F1
- What are virtual reality glasses
- Can possums be trained
- What different schools accept Ashworth College credits