What are some sentence examples with sanctuary
Part of speech: noun, (neuter)Hyphenation:
- Sanctuary, Plural: Holy | lovers
- IPA: [ˈHaɪ̯lɪçtuːm], [ˈhaɪ̯lɪktuːm]
- 1) religion holy place for the worship of (a) god
- 2) sacred object worthy of worship
- Derivation of holy with the derivative morpheme-Tum
- 1) Most Holy
- 2) Gem, preciousness, cult object, cult object
- 1) House of God, church, place of worship, temple, sanctuary
- 1) Only the chosen ones are allowed to do this sanctuary to enter.
- 1) “Islamist fundamentalism had reached worrying proportions; after London, Brussels was now also one sanctuary of terror. "
- 1) “Instead, he spent the morning in the sanctuary of the church, knelt in front of the huge crucifix and prayed. "
- 2) That sanctuary is hidden from everyone's eyes.
- ancientSanctuaries, Christian shrines, paganSanctuaries
- 1) Mithras sanctuary
- Nominative: singular sanctuary; Plural Sanctuaries
- Genitive: singular Sanctuary; Plural Sanctuaries
- Dative: singular sanctuary; Plural Sanctuaries
- Accusative: singular sanctuary; Plural Sanctuaries
- English: 1) sanctuary; 2) sanctum
- French: 1) sanctuaire
- Italian: 1) santuario
- Dutch: 1) holy cathedral
- Romansh: 1) sanctuari
- Swedish: helgedom; 2) kultföremål, relik
- Sorbian (lower): 1) swětnica, swětnišćo; 2) swěta wěc, něco swětego
- Sorbian (upper): 1) swjatnica, swjatnišćo; 2) swjata wěc, něšto swjate
- Spanish: 1) santuario
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„Archaeologists have a Celtic at Hermeskeil in the Hunsrück sanctuary exposed. It could have been burned down by the Romans because they camped nearby.“
SWR.de, October 25, 2018
„The Olympic winter could have been so beautiful. And then the #MeToo debate had to happen in the national sanctuary Break out of skiing. But how did it actually come about?“
derStandard.at, October 19, 2018
„she is that sanctuary every Jewish community: the Torah scroll. It was read from it in Lübeck too, until SA men destroyed it during the Reichspogromnacht. The people of Lübeck searched for her for years.“
NDR, October 21, 2018
„Sausage, Christmas, wine: there was none before Wiglaf Droste's pen sanctuary for sure. The satirist and singer died at the age of 57.“
NZZ Online, May 16, 2019
„It is the first time that a foreign head of state accompanied by an Israeli prime minister as part of the official program of visits before the largest sanctuary stands for Jews.“
DiePresse.com, April 01, 2019
„Although the traditional Fatima procession had been officially canceled for today, isolated believers still gathered on sanctuary Op Baessent.“
Luxemburger Wort, May 21, 2020
„The sanctuary in the Tramuntana Mountains applied for the state aid program ERTE for 40 of the 50 employees.“
Mallorca Newspaper, March 28, 2020
„Slightly seasoned, sweet white bread with raisins is a Styrian one sanctuary at Easter.“
derStandard.at, April 9, 2020
„The Venezuelan government has been demanding the return of the "Kueka" stone for years. He should be a sanctuary of the indigenous people of the Pemon.“
tagesspiegel.de, January 24, 2020
„Before the sanctuary stood a cute and charming figure depicting the zodiac sign of the chinese new year.“
Sumikai, January 10, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Cult place
- Place of worship: Place or building for the performance of cultic acts, especially in relation to prehistoric and early historical times
Another word (synonym) for sanctuary - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "sanctuary":
pagoda: ... 1) Portuguese neologism: from Sanskrit bhagavat or Persian but Kedah synonyms: 1) Sanctuary, prayer house, figure of a god, porcelain figure, temple, temple tower ...
Magdeburg:… Magdebg. Origin of the term: Composition of Indo-European mag or mak - "sanctuary, cult place, meeting place" and Indo-European bhergho, Germanic berga - ...
antichamber: ... 1) "[...] the guardians of the 302-year-old dictionnaire, who only let words into their sanctuary that have been antichambrified for decades, shivers down their bent backs."
Sanctuary: ... plural 2nd variant [ˌzaŋktuːˈaːrə] Meaning of the word / definition: 1) Sanctuary 2) Chancel 3) Reliquary or its place of storage Origin of the term: ...
Kaaba: largest sanctuary in Islam Origin of the term: from Arabic: الكعبة (al-kaʕba) "the cube" Superordinate terms: 1) Islamic sanctuary Examples of use: 1) The Kaaba is in Mecca
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Sanctuary" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (22.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Heiligtum/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "sanctuary" and help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Sanctuary (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Hei | lig | tums Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈhaɪ̯lɪçtuːms],…
Sanctuaries (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Hei | lig | tü | mer Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Sanctuaries (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Hei | lig | tü | mern Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Healing power (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular healing power; Plural healing powers genitive: singular ...
Medicinal herb (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular medicinal herb; Plural medicinal herbs genitive: singular ...
Medicinal herbs (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Heilkraut Hyphenation: Heil | krau | te Pronunciation / stress: ...
Medicinal herbs (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Heilkrauts Hyphenation: Heil | krau | tes Pronunciation / stress:…
Medicinal herb (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Heilkrautes Hyphenation: Heil | krauts Pronunciation / Emphasis: ...
Healing powers (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Heil | kräf | te Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
- Everything in writing is really an argument
- What is the best toothpaste for smokers
- Has Voldemort ever got his parseltongue on the tongue
- What is an AI?
- How does PMI prevent foreclosures
- How can we keep glaciers from melting?
- What is prayer
- What are the best laundry detergent brands
- Is papaya alkaline or acidic
- What is the greatest lie in investing
- Which factors influence the frictional force
- Why is real estate in Colombia low
- What technologies have increased food production?
- How is IIIT Sri City for girls
- Deep learning is already reaching its limits
- How distorted is your mind
- How is Pulsar 150 for beginners
- What are some clinical features of hypernephroma
- Was Moses wealthy then
- Can someone be good to everyone
- What are RITES 'places of work
- How does the use of antidepressants cause side effects
- Represents the probability of the actual frequency of something
- Where can you find hydrogen?