How can I be angry
Anger: Why we get angry sometimes and what happens in our body
What is anger
A feeling more violent than anger and harder to control than anger. Those who are angry often act without thinking too much - and they act aggressively too. One of them screams with a bright red pear, the other hits the pillow with full force or fires the next best object on the floor. Bang! Schepper! Clink!
The Latin word for anger, furor, describes the state of emergency pretty well: furor means frenzy, madness, passion. Hardly any other person embodies this feeling as much as the comic book hero Hulk: In real life he is a very ordinary nuclear physicist. Since a radiation accident, however, he turns into a very green, very muscular monster as soon as he gets angry ...
What happens in the body when there is anger?
Well, we are neither green nor the T-shirt seams burst, because suddenly hulk-sized mountains of muscles stretch under the fabric. But: we draw the eyebrows together, the pupils widen. Anger puts the body on alert, it releases the stress hormones adrenaline and noradrenaline. The blood pressure rises and the pulse climbs too.
But what actually triggers the anger?
Sometimes there is nothing else behind it than: hunger. American scientists from the University of North Carolina have just found out. Either way, however, anger often hides a different feeling.
An offense, for example, when we are gunned down in front of the assembled team while training. Or helplessness in an uncomfortable situation that we cannot get out of. Then there is a lot going on in our brain, especially in the limbic system that controls our emotional reactions.
What exactly is going on in the brain?
Part of the limbic system are the amygdala. They are networked with the thalamus, an "information mediator", with the cerebral cortex, which processes our sensory perceptions, and with the hypothalamus, which regulates our breathing, circulation and temperature. Usually, the job of the cerebral cortex is to keep the amygdala in check so we can act wisely.
If someone throws an injury in the head, the information first reaches the thalamus via eyes and ears, which transmits it to the amygdala and the cerebral cortex. If the amygdala decides that the affliction is a bad matter, the cerebral cortex has no chance to stop it: the amygdala are faster. They activate the hypothalamus, which puts the body on alert. And bang - WE DRIVE OUT OF THE SKIN!
And how do we get back down there?
In some cities, people rent "anger rooms" in which angry oaks are allowed to beat furniture with baseball bats for money. Psychologists are skeptical about this. Because when our brain learns the connection "anger - destruction - good feeling", we may resort to it in the next situation that makes us angry ... and become aggressive again.
It is much more useful to reduce the stress hormones during exercise by listening to music loosely or by consciously breathing deeply - this lowers blood pressure and calms you down. But as long as a brief (!) Tantrum has the effect of a cleansing thunderstorm, anger is also good for you. Last but not least, psychologists include joy, fear, disgust, curiosity, contempt and sadness among the seven basic feelings. So anger is normal - no need to be upset !!#Subjects
- What do Romanians think of Kazakhstan
- How do I measure the engine displacement
- Drinking warm, boiled milk causes acidity
- Can we disable notifications for anonymous questions?
- What are Pythagorean Akousmata
- How common is sabotage in large companies
- Can Daimler Chennai offer an internship?
- How's the night life in Scranton, PA
- What is an A-line in fashion
- Why is the antenna on the car facing backwards?
- Are the Gagauers Europeans or Asians
- Like dreams
- Why do you hate libertarians
- We are fundamentally unable to understand consciousness
- Where can you get wholesale sports jerseys
- What is the hold percentage for slot machines
- How are overpass roads tested in India
- How can I make 10 online quickly
- Who buys classic penguins and why
- Which companies handle cybersecurity best
- When will the West respect Iran?
- What do ERW pipes mean
- How do I convert ethine to ethanal
- What is used to plump lips
- How can I become an academic advisor
- How do veterinarians scratch cats
- Is pretty pretty correct English
- How can I stop losing weight
- Why am I crazy 1
- What are sorethroat remedies
- Can remove grass with a tiller
- Is Skullcandy worth the price
- How did Kendrick Lamar influence rap
- What is a dissatisfied customer