Why wasn't Razer sued by Apple
Throttled iPhones: Lawsuit against Apple
Apple is throttling older iPhones unannounced. That caused a stir and has now resulted in legal repercussions. Two Californians are suing Apple for believing Apple has unduly reduced the value of their iPhones.
Apple sells throttling as a useful feature. The aim is to solve problems with the battery in some older iPhones by reducing the processor power. If there is a rapidly fluctuating energy demand, they may be worse able to cope with the situation. The plaintiffs see it differently. According to their own statements, they are affected by the throttling and state that they would not have consented to the throttling. They want Apple to stop throttling and pay for the depreciation of the iPhones.
So much for the positions. The exciting question is what prospect of success the lawsuit has. Has the throttling really caused any damage that can also be quantified in monetary terms? Proof of this should not be easy to provide.
Apple says that the throttling prevents the iPhones from turning off unexpectedly if the batteries can no longer provide the required voltage. For the plaintiffs, however, it is clear that the action is related to the introduction of new iPhone models.
The throttling feature was discovered after a minor iOS update. In order to answer the question of premeditation, the court needs to find out whether or not energy-saving management has been an integral part of iOS since its implementation. If so, the plaintiffs have little chance of success. If, on the other hand, it were the case that the function would always be activated on individual models when a new generation of iPhone arrives, this would indicate a targeted devaluation of the older devices.
We will of course keep you up to date on what's new in this exciting question.
- Why are we grateful
- Does God have wishes
- Pays the iWave company well
- 5G is harmful to humans and animals
- What are Affinity Audiences in Online Marketing
- Why are you hiring Android developers
- What is yeast used for?
- Are there beauty competitions in Islamic countries
- Will the Counter Strike game ever die?
- What is the Wells Fargos overdraft fee
- Where can you see the most stars
- How do you love me
- What is DeMolay International
- Don't people judge you wrong
- How good is Uchicago
- How to Convert DVI to HDMI
- Which words begin with the prefix nona
- Exercise can improve mental health
- Will Florence ever host the Olympic Games?
- Would Ubuntu support my touchscreen laptop
- How do I cut glass bottle rim
- Why do teenagers prefer to shop online?
- What is the value of cosmology
- Do dentists root canals