Why do people think pointers are evil?
Am I correct in assuming that the data type of a pointer (with *) and a reference must be the same as the variable? (At least the compiler did not spit out a warning)
There cannot be a reference without a special data type that is referenced. Also no reference to anything, or one whose goal changes in the course of the program. (These are all the "messes" that can be made with pointers and that can lead to problems)
Pointers should also always be thought of as typed pointers (even if there is a formal void *).
can be read and understood in two ways:
a) is of the data type (a pointer to int)
Of course there are pointers to everything, including other pointers, objects, or arrays.
The array and pointers are very closely interwoven in C / C ++.
References mainly make sense when passing parameters to a function, if you don't want to give it your own copy of a value, but rather direct access to the variable of interest itself. (Because this is a large object, or because it should be changed) This parameter can then be handled with the simple syntax without having to deal with asterisks or →.
Much fun yet
In C ++, the data types of an array with 10 elements differ from an array with 8 elements. Clearer: the number of elements is part of the data type.
This subtle feature prevents a lot of nasty pointer misuse.
Don't get confused: The “Arduino language” is C ++, but the avr-gcc compiler rarely notices this, and such errors are easily executed incorrectly at runtime.
- Why doesn't my wife get jealous
- What are cuter puppies or kittens?
- Apple, Amazon and Tesla are growth stocks
- Why is the color of the water transparent
- Come periods during chickenpox
- What is Kant's synthetic principle of morality
- What are the side effects of Graviola
- How do I study a programming startup
- What is your favorite architectural style and why
- What do people think of homeopathy
- How do I solve this integration problem
- Is RTI Act falls under RTI
- Will the study of dynamics benefit civil engineering?
- Who is the Best Gastroenterologist in Pune
- Has anyone fixed their overbite, of course
- How are Bangladeshi students treated in Canada
- What's so great about Infinity War
- Growing Antifa in 2019
- Who can defeat Trump in a debate
- Why are forest fires so difficult to erase
- Can you sing here
- What happens on 10 12 17
- How are shoe sizes calculated
- How can you use AI to invest?