Chromebooks are overrated
Overrated demand for “phablets”?
Phablet is already the bad word of the year, but it can hardly be avoided, as the term for smartphones with oversized displays has practically already established itself. But how big is the demand for smartphones with a display larger than 5 inches? Apparently not in the way that has been suggested so far.
Every manufacturer is throwing such devices on the market this year without really equipping them with special functions for a specific target group, as is the case with the Galaxy Notes from Samsung.
Current figures from Flurry show that the active use of devices with displays beyond the 4.9 inch limit is still very low, at least at the moment. Most users almost inevitably own a device with a display between 3.5 - 4.9 inches, but this will change a lot this year. I don't think that the figures or the entire statistics from Flurry also reflect the actual market situation for the next few months, because the so-called phablets will only really get going this year.
The use of larger devices will definitely increase if you set the limit from smartphone to phablet at 4.9 inches. Devices with such large displays have hardly existed before, which is why the market share has inevitably been rather small.
However, a real phablet is also specially designed for the gap that exists between tablets and smartphones. New high-end smartphones such as the Sony Xperia Z or Samsung Galaxy S4 are rated as phablets by bare numbers, but actually they are not.
Huawei, HTC, LG and so on already have or will soon be launching devices with a diagonal of at least 5 inches.[asa] B0099LATZ2 [/ asa]
(via Heise Quelle Flurry, thanks "Thunder 3000")
Founder and acting boss of SmartDroid.de, blogs here and only here since 2008. All inquiries to me, in the comments or via the linked networks. More from Denny Fischer
- What are some examples of isokinetic exercises
- What was your excuse for cheating
- What are the values of a utilitarian
- How to say catch in Portuguese
- How could Adobe create their revolutionary software
- When do you feel mature?
- Money is ruining Asian football
- Xanax is considered an opiate
- Why are forest fires so difficult to erase
- What's your worst identity theft story
- Which plants are safe for cats
- What does a popcorn plant look like
- What actors regretted being in Star Wars?
- Only a few NGOs support Naxals in India
- Why is there still racism 3
- Which came first on iOS or Android
- What happened to London
- What does old machines mean
- Safety is the most important value
- Frequent juicing will help you lose weight
- Children love video games
- What are job availabilities
- How does self-description feel?
- What mental disorders mimic psychopathy?