What Are Some Good Space Heaters
Infrared heating and the Ecodesign Directive
The ErP Regulation (EU) 2015/1188 and its amendment (EU) 2016/2282 define new provisions for electrical space heaters.
Dear customers, with this article we would like to inform you about the new ErP regulation (EU) 2015/1188 and supplement (EU) 2016/2282 which will come into force on January 1st, 2018.
What is the aim of the regulation?
The aim of the regulation is to support consumers in lowering the energy consumption of electric space heating devices and thus reducing CO2 emissions. This is because electrical space heaters are considered energy-related products that have considerable energy-saving potential.
How is the regulation supposed to support the consumer?
Manufacturers and distributors of electrical heating devices are now obliged to comply with the ErP Regulation (EU) 2015/1188 and the supplement (EU) 2016/2282, also known as the Ecodesign Directive, when marketing their products. So that the improvement potential of electric space heaters can be fully exploited.
What does this mean for Heizprinz as a brand and company?
As a sales company for infrared heaters and infrared heaters, we very much welcome this guideline! Right from the start, we at Heizprinz have set ourselves the goal of offering our customers the most efficient and ecological heating solution. This includes intelligent control components with which we meet the legal requirements right from the start. By fulfilling the ErP regulation (EU) 2015/1188 and supplement (EU) 2016/2282, we are happy to undertake to do our part to save energy and reduce CO2 emissions.
For which space heaters do the new regulations apply?
• Fan heater
• Oil radiators
• Infrared heaters
On the other hand, electric sauna stoves and heating devices that are only intended for outdoor use are expressly excluded.
Such as, for example, infrared heaters for outdoor areas.
What will change for the operation of the devices mentioned?
In the future, electrical single-room devices must meet a certain annual degree of utilization. The degree depending on the device type was specified in Annex II of the ordinance. As a result of this provision, some devices will no longer be approved for the market.
Which annual degree of use must the devices meet according to the Ecodesign Directive?
• In the case of stationary electrical single-room devices with a nominal heat output of more than 250 watts, the annual efficiency must be 38%
• In the case of stationary electrical single-room devices with a nominal heat output of less than 250 watts, the annual efficiency must be 34%
In order to meet the prescribed values, it is necessary to operate infrared heating via room temperature control with time control and linked window contact. You can find these with us under accessories. Of course, we will advise you in detail on this topic and put together the right control for your infrared heating.
Additional information on window contacts:
However, some things remain unresolved or are only sketched out. For example, there is no precise regulation where the window contacts have to be attached. A clearly defined amount per infrared heater is also not specified. So this point must be clarified in the consultation.
What is special about portable devices?
In the case of portable electrical single-room devices, we would like to point out “These products are only suitable for well-insulated rooms or for occasional use.
Where can you find more information?
Detailed information can be found in the regulation:
Whitepaper from TÜV Süd
Summary by Mr. A. Becker
At Heizprinz, your specialist retailer for infrared heating systems, we advise our customers in accordance with Ecodesign guidelines right from the start. We always sell our infrared heaters with intelligent controls and inform our customers about the efficient use of their new heating during the consultation. Precise control increases the efficiency of the infrared heating enormously and protects the consumer from unpleasant surprises in the annual electricity bill.
As the managing director of the Heizprinz company, I very much welcome the regulation, because it helps us to increase the efficiency of infrared heating and help our customers to save energy and at the same time relieve the environment. As a customer, when buying your infrared heater, you should therefore rely on a company that optimally covers your interests through fair trade and compliance with legal requirements.
- What is this painting about?
- What is the future of interactive computing
- How was my experience with GSoC 2017
- What are the risks with crypto currency
- Why does Pubbier taste like crap
- How do you recognize a deep forgery
- What are the important trading conditions
- Can a bird break an airplane windshield?
- How many Salesforce certified consultants are there
- Who discovered the pyramids of Egypt
- Why are so few Republican politicians atheists?
- How can I do dropshipping in Nigeria
- Has multi-party democracy failed in India
- How was Brazil affected by World War II
- Is simple existence satisfying
- Are humans now on the planet Mars
- What is the formula of ammonium hydroxide
- Which programs are pre-installed in Windows 8
- What is there beyond the universe
- How do I edit photos
- How long do allergies last
- How is a Brilliant Pala Hostel
- What is the most underrated car ever built
- Find the caste system offensive