Why isn't Nintendo acquiring western studios?
Nintendo takes over Next Level Games, developer of Luigi's Mansion 3
Luigi's Mansion 3
Nintendo has rather few first-party studios, i.e. those developer companies that belong directly to the group. In contrast to Sony or Microsoft, for example, Big N works closely with external studios, which then sometimes produce de facto games exclusively for the Japanese company for years, but are not bought up. It is very rare for Nintendo to take over external developers - most recently in 2007 Xenoblade-Developer Monolith Soft and 2011 Mobiclip, which has been working for Nintendo since then under the name “Nintendo European Research & Development”.
It has now been announced that Nintendo will buy the Canadian studio Next Level Games. The developer is no stranger to fans: Next Level Games has been working exclusively for Nintendo since the beginning of 2014 and has been Luigi's Mansion 2, Metroid Prime: Federation Force and Luigi's Mansion 3 developed. The latter title in particular, which was released for Nintendo Switch in 2019, garnered a lot of laurels and sold particularly well. But the studio founded in 2002, which set up licensed titles in particular, had worked with Nintendo before, namely at Mario Smash Football, Mario Strikers Charged Football and Punch out !!.
The transaction is expected to close on March 1, 2021. Next Level Games can be very valuable in Nintendo's repertoire, especially as a western development studio; Fan circles had repeatedly called for the Japanese company to invest more in Western developer studios. In addition to the future growth of Next Level Games, Nintendo currently owns only two other American development studios: Retro Studios and Nintendo Software Technology. What about Next Level Games since completion of Luigi's Mansion 3 works is not yet known.
Tobias SchmitzWhen he's not studying Catholic theology or sitting at the organ, Tobias writes reports for Nintendo-Online. Unfortunately, there is little time left for video games - it is all the more valuable for him to immerse himself in the beloved old and new Nintendo worlds.
- Do you still live in Portugal?
- Who is the best pediatrician in Mohali
- How do organic toilets work
- Is mutation an evolution or a disease
- Is machine learning better than BYJUs
- Has Voldemort ever got his parseltongue on the tongue
- What is the DMAIC methodology
- What company did Pac Man introduce
- How do you thread a fishing reel
- Why don't you go to college
- What's your question 249
- How was UPSC 2017
- Are conservatives dying out in America?
- Which book is best for technical mechanics
- How can we repair damaged JPEG files
- What's the strangest animal call
- What kind of a bird is Kazooie
- What is prayer
- Most mental illnesses are man-made diagnoses
- What is the use of transcripts
- White people ever experience racial embarrassment
- What's the salary in OTA Chennai
- Meatballs are mostly overcooked
- Google Nexus 4 or Samsung Galaxy S3
- Should the police be capitalized
- Which small business is most profitable today
- Will dissolve food stuck in a throat
- What do Israelis think of Palestinian Christians?
- Why do people like to classify and hierarchize
- Where can stray dogs be used
- What was Rome's original name
- How is knowledge used in psychology
- How do kegel exercises improve sex