How does steaming affect food?
What is steaming?
Steaming is a gentle, healthy cooking method in which the food is cooked in steam without coming into contact with liquid. One also speaks of steam cooking. Steaming has many advantages:
Ingredients are retained.
The colors and flavors of the food remain much more intense.
It saves calories by eliminating the need to add fat.
Are steaming and steaming the same thing??
No, at the Steam vegetables or Stew vegetables it is not the same cooking technique. Both are healthy and conserve vitamins.
At the Steaming but it is basically that Steaming with the addition of liquid, because water, bouillon or wine is added. Or else Foodsteam in their own juice.
When steaming, it is important that, in contrast to boiling, only a little liquid is used that does not have to be poured off at the end of the cooking time. In this way, too, the vitamins and nutrients are retained in the food.
How do you dampen properly?
Who doesn't Steamer at home, can deal with Pan or saucepan, cover and one Sieve insert help. There are models made of stainless steel that adapt flexibly to the size of the pan. Alternatively you can too Bamboo basket use.
Fill the pot with enough water to last for the whole cooking process. However, it is important that the food does not come into contact with the water, even if it is “blodding”. To season your dishes, you can also use a water-wine or water-sherry mixture. The brew can then be processed into sauce.
Place the sieve insert on the pan.
Places the food in the steamer. You can add spices and herbs or lemon wedges. When the steam is released, the food takes on the aromas.
Put the lid on - make sure that the lid closes tightly.
Now bring the water to a boil, then turn the heat back down until it simmered gently.
Steam to the required level.
Important: For the perfect result, leave the lid on for the entire steaming time. This is the only way to keep the heat evenly. You also save energy.
What foods steam?
Since vegetables naturally contain many valuable vitamins - that is Steam vegetables highly recommended. But this gentle method of preparation can also be used for other foods:
You can even steam rice - especially if you have a steamer. It might be difficult in the steamer because the grains of rice might fall through the holes depending on the situation. In that case, a separate rice cooker would be more practical.
What does steaming mean??
It is easy to understand that fish stays particularly juicy with this cooking method. But the meat also becomes juicy and tender when steamed.
Most people will be familiar with the preparation of meat sous vide, a classic method of steaming meat.
But steaming meat also works great without vacuum packaging - the procedure is the same as for other foods. Marinades, spices and herbs provide the aroma.
If you don't want to do without the smell of roasted meat, you can first sear the beautiful piece and then steam it to the desired cooking level.
How long do you have to steam vegetables?
Of course, this depends on several factors:
Size of the vegetable pieces
personal preferences regarding bite
There are foods that have to be cooked well before you can enjoy them - for example eggplants. Others taste great and crispy. Small pieces are ready to be enjoyed faster than large ones.
Times for steaming food:
Whole, medium-sized potatoes: 30 minutes
Broccoli in florets: 10 to 15 minutes
Carrot: 10 to 15 minutes
Cauliflower: 8 to 10 minutes
Chicken breast 10 minutes
Salmon fillet: 7 to 10 minutes
If you are steaming different foods at the same time and they need different cooking times, put them one after the other in the pot.
Rating: Ø 3.4 (14 votes)
- What were the revolutions of 1848
- Where are half-timbered bridges to be found most often
- Teenagers still go to malls
- Functional medicine works
- What is the prospect of electrical engineering
- Is AIT Pune safe for girls
- What is vampire existence
- What are the questions of immigration tourists to Malaysia
- What's the best alternative to iMovie
- A wart remover can remove skin marks
- Glycolysis is a function in plants
- Why is Groupon more successful than LivingSocial
- How should I apply for travel journalism
- How do top students learn math
- Which Kpop group has the best dancers?
- Have you considered moving to Hua Hin?
- Where is the Tesseract now
- Which programs are pre-installed in Windows 8
- How can I register with BUET
- Who deserves more love and affection
- Why should you learn a dead language
- Are Chinese dogs violent?
- Who inspired Bill Gates
- Why is English necessary for Japanese speakers
- What is the most corrupt organization today
- Why do we translate literally
- How do I factor X 2 1
- What's your favorite Shane Dawson series
- Will 3D technology be successful on the web
- Is the Twitter database schema publicly available
- How many English castles are there
- What will Univision do with Gawker
- Why do sparrows get loud towards sunset
- What is a generic application