What does civitas mean in Latin
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- ci | vi | tas, Plural: ci | vi | tes
- 1) Law: Citizenship, Citizenship
- 2) organized association of citizens; Citizenship
- 3) the totality of people who live in a network; Citizenship
- 4) a city and its areas or a state comprising several cities
- 5) metonymic: city
- 6) metonymic, special: Rome
- Derivation from the nouncivis
- 5) urbs
- 6) Roma, urbs
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in Latin:
„Japonia civitas industrialis est.“
Tatoeba.org set example 403007
„Quomodo sedet sola civitas plena populo!“
Tatoeba.org set example 2858765
„Unius peccata tota civitas luit.“
Tatoeba.org set example 7040598
„Ecce, civitas hæc iuxta, ad quam possum fugere, parva, et salvabor in ea numquid non modica est? et vivet anima mea.“
Tatoeba.org set example 7767244
„Novum Eboracum est et urbs et civitas.“
Tatoeba.org set example 8209640
„Nulla civitas have ius existendi.“
Tatoeba.org set example 8633088
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Entries from our dictionary containing "civitas":
city: ... (şar) Lao: 1) ຊຽງ (sīang) Latin: 1) urbs (female), civitas (female), oppidum (neuter) Latvian: 1) pilsēta ...
Country: ... and so on. In the late Middle Ages, people usually used res publica, civitas or regnum. With derivations from status, as mentioned above, at that time ...
C.: civis, civitas 4) cohors, colonia 5) collegium 6) coniunx Origin of the term: third letter of the Latin alphabet, originally the K- u
augsburg: ... The German form 826 Augusburuc, 867/870 Augustiburc, in the 9th century (Latin and German) civitas Augustensis id est Ogesburc, in the 11th century Augustburg was created by adding ...
ciutat: the city Origin of the term: from the Latin noun civitas Opposite words: el poble (= village) Examples of use: 1): Barcelona és una ciutat gran meravellosa
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Civitas" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (22.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/civitas/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. Write a usage hint or an example and help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
civitate (Latin) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: ci | vi | ta | te Grammatical features: Ablative singular des ...
civitatem cīvitātem (Latin) Part of Speech: Declined form Hyphenation: cī | vi | tā | tem Grammatical features: Accusative ...
civitates cīvitātēs (Latin) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: cī | vi | tā | tēs Grammatical features: nominative ...
civitati cīvitātī (Latin) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: cī | vi | tā | tī Grammatical features: Dative ...
civitatibus cīvitātibus (Latin) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: cī | vi | tā | ti | bus Grammatical features: dative ...
civitatis cīvitātis (Latin) part of speech: declined form Hyphenation: cī | vi | tā | tis Grammatical features: genitive ...
civitatum cīvitātum (Latin) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: cī | vi | tā | tum Grammatical features: genitive ...
cizejší (Czech) Part of Speech: Comparative Hyphenation: ci | zej | ší Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈʦɪzɛjʃiː]…
- Have you ever found happiness after despair
- What is array indexing
- When did the Maurya Empire begin?
- What are the benefits of outreach programs
- Surfing can be a kind of therapy
- Why do doctors charge such high fees
- Is a membrane door the right choice
- What do you mean by corruption?
- How to say debt in French
- How do you form and maintain friendships
- How can we convert anger into creativity
- What is muscle strength fitness
- What do musicians think of Vevo
- Why do some gas stoves use electricity
- Why do semitrailer tractors run on diesel
- Why do YouTubers mostly play PUBG
- Allah loves Christians
- What is the name of Muhammad's mother
- It's hard to be super successful
- Who is your dog holding you for?
- What types of sweets can vegans eat?
- What are the bad influences of money
- Why is Japan more demanding than Thailand
- What is the best stain for concrete
- Where's Ghansoli
- What does the Praefix HC stand for
- Will the Amazon rainforest survive the fire?
- What is the Russian word for medicine
- Why do we use Telegram
- Superman is a runabout
- What genocide did Stalin lead?
- Which is the most popular scarf
- What is an EAD Combo Card
- How do you celebrate my birthday