Why is SEPTA always too late
Atrial septal defect (ASD)
Usually the right and left atria are separated by an atrial septum. Part of this septum is missing in the ASD. This causes blood to pass from the left to the right atrium (left-right shunt).
The atrial septum defects can be divided into different defects depending on their location. The central atrial septal defect occurs most frequently in the area of the oval fossa (ASD II). Since the diagnosis of ASD is often made late in the event of minor or no symptoms, ASD II is also the most common congenital heart defect in adults. Children are initially symptom-free and can develop well. Only with a large left-right shunt can weak drinking, shortness of breath and a tendency to bronchopulmonary infections occur in infancy. Children of kindergarten age can experience limitations in physical performance, shortness of breath, palpitations and premature fatigue. If the children do not suffer from these complaints, the atrial septal defect should be closed in preschool age. However, if you suffer from cardiac insufficiency and reduced performance, an atrial septal defect should be closed as early as infancy.
Closure of the ASD by means of a small umbrella on the cardiac catheter.
If it is not possible to close the atrial septal defect with a catheter intervention, the defect can be closed with a direct suture or with the help of a patch through an operation with the heart-lung machine. Because of the low surgical risk, cosmetic aspects come to the fore. The thorax can be opened via a sternum opening with a small skin incision from the front or via a small incision on the right-hand side below the chest. This gives excellent long-term cosmetic results, especially for girls, as the scar is covered by the breast that will develop later. In both cases, the skin is provided with an intracutaneous suture.
- Is communism good for every country?
- How do I install HP printer drivers
- Why is SEPTA always too late
- Can defeat Hiruzen Hashirama
- What's your favorite top 3 YouTubers
- What is an instruction problem
- What is 10 out of 20 minus 20
- Why do dogs and cats eat grass?
- Why do we still read the classics
- Can a Toyota Yaris be towed flat
- Can I use trading to become an IAS
- Has anyone fixed their overbite, of course
- What are some synonyms since then
- Which sports should I avoid when betting?
- What should you do before you retire?
- Why do we need a laptop
- How do I check my BSNL wide
- What are your tips for knitting blankets
- What is your most preferred GPU brand
- When shouldn't you exercise?
- Why is the height of William Wallaces important
- Sauron is a fire spirit
- How is it in Lourdes France
- How much energy does a star hold