A new supersonic jet will be profitable
Boom XB-1 supersonic jet at 2.2 speed for the first test flight in October
The team behind the design and construction of a new airliner, expected to be the fastest in the world, has announced that the first of a series of test flights will take place in October.
Boom Supersonic plans to make a number of flights on the XB-1, a smaller jet built to test various technologies, as the company plans to launch its much larger Overture airliner within the next 10 years.
The maximum speed of the new aircraft is 2.2, which corresponds to about 2700 km / h.
Greed for speed - how does the overture compare ?:
- Boeing's 777-300 has a top speed of 950 km / h
- The much larger, but mostly retired 747-400 can reach speeds of 988 km / h
- Despite its size, an Airbus A380 can reach a speed of 1185 km / h
- While an A320 travels at around 903 km / h
- The historic supersonic Concorde had a top speed of 2179 km / h
The company has identified more than 500 international routes where the jet's speed would be economically viable. Tickets cost over NZ $ 380 million each and are not cheap with a capacity of just 45 people.
The XB-1 is not only fast, but also clean - it is the first aircraft program to announce a 100 percent climate-neutral flight test program.
The first flight will be streamed live online with the majority of stakeholders watching from home to maintain social distance.
It is scheduled to take place on October 8 (NZT) in an undisclosed location.
- How should I prepare for retirement?
- What are the best alternatives to 3DSMax
- How can I sell pictures online
- What does zoological meaning
- How did Michelle Obama reshape America
- What's your favorite power metal song
- Who uses fragments in art
- What is the advantage of cryptocurrency mining
- Is a membrane door the right choice
- What speed is 192kpps
- Muffins or bagels
- Choose the best web hosting service provider
- Does the cerebellum control emotions
- What is my AR score for IIMA
- Which is your ideal meeting place
- Who is the Houston Rockets' biggest rival
- What goodies do guinea pigs like
- Is electronic music passe
- What is the characteristic of mosses
- How can I become a photographer
- What is a radial blower
- How do you grow the perfect beard
- What is the marking scheme in NMAT
- How is my website www thepsychologicaltricks com