Is a computer processor repairable
Bake mainboard - this is how you repair your hardware
After a few years of use, the tin conductor tracks on the circuit board of a mainboard can decompose. In the oven, however, you may be able to bring the decomposed conductor tracks back to life. Here we show you how to bake your mainboard and what you have to pay attention to.
Baking hardware 2.0: reviving the motherboard in the oven
The method that can bring your graphics card back to life also works with motherboards. But be careful: only use this tip if you are sure that the conductor tracks on your mainboard are defective. If you still have a guarantee, make use of it. All processes are carried out at your own risk - we accept no liability for any damage caused.
- Before you put your motherboard in the oven, in addition to the CPU, RAM, BIOS battery and the cooler, you must also remove the thermal paste and plastic parts from the motherboard. Plastic parts that you cannot remove should be generously wrapped in aluminum foil. Also clean your mainboard so that there is no more dust on the sensitive parts.
- Preheat your oven (fan oven) to 110 degrees.
- Now put the mainboard in the oven for about 30 minutes. Watch the baking process to make sure nothing starts to burn.
- Let your motherboard cool down. You should also leave your oven open for several hours when it is switched off. In this way you can be sure that all fumes from the mainboard have evaporated.
- When the motherboard has cooled down, you can reassemble all components. Think of the thermal paste.
- Install the mainboard and test if it works.
- If the mainboard doesn't work, you can try 30 degrees more. If the mainboard still does not work after repeated baking, we have put together further repair tips for the mainboard here.
Video tip: Clean the oven - this is how it works
After the repair, you should ventilate your oven well or clean it immediately. We'll show you how to do this in the next tip.
- Why aren't glass bottles reused
- What do scientists think of Michael Crichton
- Did your crush ever like you again?
- What would the 64th century look like?
- Why is snus safer than chewing tobacco
- Does diet affect acne in teenagers
- Germans like spicy food
- Well worth leasing the phone
- Where can I get cosmetic formulations online
- What is the remainder of 10 10 13
- The cylinder impact causes a fire
- What were the revolutions of 1848
- Americans believe in karma
- Where should I move in Oakland?
- What are DISH Network Remote Codes
- What is it like to put a child to shame?
- How to treat wrist pain
- What are common things bullies say
- What is zero offset
- Arnold Schwarzenegger was a bad governor
- What causes neck wrinkles
- How does a society define evil
- Where is the Twitter search ahead
- How do Google+ pages work