What is the best glue for concrete
There is a suitable adhesive for concrete for almost every requirement, but there are a few things to consider in advance:
- Determination of the required adhesive strength (in kg / m²). The range of achievable adhesive strengths is between 50 kg / m² and 400 kg / m², depending on the respective product.
- Gluing over the entire surface or at certain points? Here it is important to consider whether pulling the beads (from the cartridge or with a silicone syringe) is sufficient or whether the adhesive has to be spread over the entire surface.
- Material combination: concrete with concrete or concrete with other materials
- Indoor or outdoor
- Water repellent or waterproof
Assembly adhesive is always used when drilling, dowelling or screwing is not possible or should be avoided. Another advantage: Bondings do not require expensive tools, make no noise and do not cause drilling dust.
Glue rubber to concrete (e.g. for sealing)
Can be achieved, for example, with a viscoplastic, viscous 2-component construction adhesive with an epoxy resin formulation. This has a high strength, good aging behavior, long processing time.
Professional tip:There are countless rubber compounds, each with different adhesive properties. The bond can be damaged, weakened or even destroyed by the outward diffusion (migration) of ingredients in the rubber compound (sometimes only after prolonged use and when exposed to heat). It is therefore important to find out beforehand which adhesives are suitable for which type of rubber.
Important: Always clean and roughen rubber surfaces thoroughly first.
Glue concrete (including stone, granite) with metals (e.g. aluminum) - blank
Bare metals (aluminum, iron, steel, stainless steel, brass, copper, zinc sheet etc.) have different adhesive properties. Important: The surfaces must absolutely be free of grease and clean. Tip: The adhesive properties can be improved by sanding the adhesive surface.
Two-component adhesives based on PUR or epoxy resin are usually suitable here. For some metal combinations or metals (e.g. stainless steel), 2-component adhesives based on MMA also work.
The tough-elastic 2-component construction adhesive based on acrylate (fast initial strength) or epoxy resin (high final strength) such as Scotch-Weld 7271 B / A from 3M is especially suitable for the construction industry (bonding concrete / stone to metal, such as aluminum) . The hybrid construction adhesive with a short processing time of 12 minutes does not flow - therefore also ideal for overhead bonding.
Glue concrete (including stone, granite) with glass
Permanently elastic adhesive / sealing compounds or 2-component adhesives based on epoxy resin also work here.
Glue concrete (including stone, granite) with thermosetting plastic
Suitable: depending on the requirements, 2-component adhesives based on epoxy resin or permanently elastic sealing compounds, but also 2-component MMA and 2-component PUR adhesives.
Glue concrete (also stone, granite) with thermoplastic material
A combination of materials that is not entirely unproblematic, especially because of the high number of thermoplastics (e.g. PC, PA, PS, ABS, SAN etc.). A possible adhesive for concrete-plastic bonds is here 3M Scotch-Weld DP 810, aAcrylate-based construction adhesive (MMA) viscoplastic, which hardens well even at room temperature. This also sticks concrete to metals such as aluminum, steel and stainless steel.
Glue concrete (including stone, granite) with rigid insulating foams made of XPS or EPS (Styrofoam)
This application is often found when it comes to insulation on concrete or masonry. Special adhesives are required for Styrofoam panels. Solvent-free and low flammability are prerequisites here. This is because solvent-based adhesives can cause the material to decompose. An immediate initial strength is usually also necessary for these large-area bonds. This can only be produced with high-performance contact adhesives (adhesive application on both material surfaces).
Concrete repair - repair cracks in minutes.
For the quick and easy repair of concrete surfaces z. B. 3M self-levelingTwo-component structural adhesive based on polyurethane - e.g. B. for repair work in production halls with concrete floors. Scotch-Weld DP 600 SL hardens smoothly even in deep joints and cracks - the compound is even more durable than repairs using concrete. The new adhesive is also suitable for installing windows or doors - it also does a good job of fastening anchorages and light bolts in concrete surfaces.
In general, polyurethane assembly adhesives cross-link by means of moisture, either from the substrate or from the ambient air - however, fixation (for heavy objects) and pressure is necessary. PU adhesive hardens quickly, adheres rigidly but very firmly, it can be used inside and outside (low UV stability) and has good water resistance.
Concrete fabric adhesive tapes
Concrete fabric adhesive tape is ideal for sealing concrete formwork, fixing foils, for example during high-pressure cleaning and plastering work. Such a supple, strongly adhesive, tear and waterproof fabric tape not only sticks strongly to concrete, but also to stone, masonry and other porous surfaces. Especially suitable for outdoor applications is e.g. B. 3M concrete fabric adhesive tape 399.
- How does developmental biology support evolution?
- What is a third of a whole
- Scientifically what is the source of love
- Are you gifted at staying single Why?
- How bad at math is Bernie Sanders
- Why are financing costs excluded from the net present value
- Why do jinns attack humans
- Is a routine a method or a habit
- How are analyzes used in insurance?
- Which factors influence the development of Africa
- A name change ended my career
- What's the Best Tennessee Bourbon
- What's the remainder of 40 83
- The truth disappears from the world
- Do you despise being on Quora?
- Are weather satellites geostationary
- Do dogs have a sense of fairness
- When should I send a text message to a girl?
- Where should I invest 200,000 rupees
- Which companies employ freshmen by bank transfer?
- What is the incident with the Chicago Cubs Steve Bartman
- What are the levels in SEO
- Can I teach myself bioinformatics?
- How do online stock markets work