What are the guidelines of an organization
"Your organization's policies do not allow you to share these users" error when sharing an item or site in SharePoint Online or OneDrive for Business.
- 2 minutes to read
- Applies to:
- SharePoint Online
When you try to share an item or a site in SharePoint Online or OneDrive for Business, you get the error "Your organization's policies do not allow you to share for these users".
This error message generally means that external sharing is disabled for your SharePoint or # A0.
If you are following the steps below, if you get a message that you do not have permissions to continue, you will need to contact your SharePoint administrator or Office 365 administrator to complete the solution steps for you.
To fix the problem, do the following:
Review the external sharing setting for your organization
Sign in to https://admin.microsoft.com as a global or SharePoint administrator.
Select under in the left pane Admin center the option SharePoint from. (You may have to Show all Select to view the list of admin centers.)
When the classic SharePoint admin center appears, choose Open now at the top of the page to open the new SharePoint admin center.
Select in the left pane of the new SharePoint admin center under Guidelines the option release out.
Enter under External release the sharing level for SharePoint and OneDrive.
Review the external sharing settings for the website you want to share from
If you're sharing from a SharePoint site:
- In the SharePoint admin center, select Try it now off to open the new SharePoint admin center.
- Select in the left pane of the new SharePoint admin center Active websites out.
- Select the website you want to share from, then select under External release the option Change off.
- Make sure, that either new and existing guests or Everyone is selected, and then select to save when you have made changes.
Try to share again.
If you're sharing from OneDrive:
- In the Microsoft 365 admin center, select under in the left pane Admin center the option OneDrive out. (You may have to Show all Select to view the list of admin centers.)
- Choose under External release For OneDrive either New and existing external users or All out.
- click on to save.
Try to share again.
For more information on settings for external sharing, see Enable or Disable External Sharing.
For information on the various sharing settings in M365, see the Microsoft 365 Guest Sharing settings reference.
Do you need more help? Go to SharePoint Community.
- What does Bourree mean in French?
- What is an A-line in fashion
- What is the Chinese word for moon
- Heavy metal is out of date
- What are the benefits of wireless electricity
- What can I cook with adzuki beans
- Is breakfast the basis for health wellness
- What's the biggest joke of 2017
- What are some exciting anime
- HRT prevents aging
- Which currency is stronger USD or Bitcoin
- How many blogs are there in India
- Why does gout go away
- How corrupt is William Barr
- How would you map RNA
- What is the best alternative to WorkBright
- What is the advantage of biochemical
- Is it okay to be ignorant
- What happened to Bill Clinton
- Movies TV shows affect you emotionally
- What is the name of a female cow
- There is nickel in a nickel
- Why did James Joyce write Finnegans Wake
- Can the TSC camp cadet receive the C certificate