What are some ways to treat gastritis
Inflammation of the lining of the stomach (gastritis)
The most common causes of gastric mucosal inflammation are those with Helicobacter pylori bacteria or the use of anti-inflammatory pain relievers ().
Helicobacter pylori bacteria
The production of gastric acid is disturbed by Helicobacter bacteria. This leads to over-acidification, which can damage the gastric mucosa and stomach wall. However, one only rarely leads to inflammation: Even if it is estimated that 40 out of 100 people in Germany carry the Helicobacter bacterium, only about 4 to 8 have gastritis or a gastric or duodenal ulcer.
The bacterium spreads through saliva, vomit, stool, drinking water or food, for example. Most likely, you usually get infected in childhood through close contact in the family.
Anti-inflammatory pain relievers ()
Examples include (), diclofenac, and naproxen. When these pain relievers are used only briefly to treat acute pain, side effects are rare. If taken for a long time over weeks or months, however, they can disrupt the protective function of the gastric mucous membrane because they block the formation of the tissue hormone. Prostaglandins promote, among other things, the formation of gastric mucus and substances that neutralize gastric acid. With a prostaglandin deficiency, the stomach wall is no longer adequately protected from gastric acid.
If a pain reliever is combined with cortisone, this can increase the gastric damaging effect.
Smoking, prolonged stress and the diet (for example, high-fat, sugary or spicy foods) can lead to stomach problems. Excessive alcohol consumption can also trigger acute gastritis.
A less common cause of gastritis is the so-called bile reflux. Bile flows out of the back into the stomach and damages the gastric mucosa.
- How did the Second World War affect Africa?
- How is Dabba traded
- Which hedge funds use Linux
- What do I do after MHA
- Insects experience life faster than humans
- Is sex as great as people say
- Is trust a skill
- Magnesium preparations cure hand tremors
- What are some Ouija Board good experiences
- Contains jazz folk music
- Biometric passports have privacy concerns
- What is 250 of 2
- Which is your ideal meeting place
- How is my singing and my performance
- What is the transition zone in concrete
- What are your favorite dance fitness songs
- How do I make digital posters
- The Pacific ring of fire widens
- Why are sonic eyes connected
- Which god is famous in the world?
- What dilutes a share
- Plastic is synthetic
- What is the factorial of 0 1
- What is a third party app