Why do skirts have zippers?
"Romy" skirt with zip and yoke
Yeah, there is a new pattern with sewing video instructions. "Romy" is a bell-shaped skirt with a curved front or you can sew it continuously.
With great joy and heart pounding, I present you today a new sewing video for sewing a skirt with a yoke yourself. The longest and most complex tutorial to date! In it, I will show you, among other things, how cut parts are cut at an angle to the thread run, how you can easily sew in a zipper that is concealed on both sides and how sewing bias tape works safely.
This all adds up to the charming skirt Romy: A bell-shaped, flared skirt with a yoke that sits comfortably on the hips and ends loosely above the knees. You can sew it in two ways: with a split, curved front part or with a continuous skirt part. The pattern PDF contains all pattern parts for the Sizes 32 to 48. There is also more information on, among other things, size selection, cut adjustment and cutting. A click on the button leads you directly to the pattern page with all further information.
Video instructions: sewing a skirt with a yoke
You can watch the first variant in the video:
Refined: zipper concealed on both sides
If you have already sewn a couple of Susie bags and have sewing curves on top of that, you are sure to master this sewing project too! Take courage!
Sewing in the zipper that is concealed on both sides is not that difficult - in the video, as always, I show it step-by-step. Incidentally, I copied the "tape trick" here.
Fabrics: here and here
Variant: full skirt
Here is the variant with a continuous skirt part and normal hem instead of bias tape:
Incidentally, I only cut this skirt part slightly diagonally. If you have a fabric that requires the pattern to run straight from top to bottom, you can cut the skirt piece straight. Then the front or rear center marked on the pattern pieces corresponds to the grain of the thread. The experienced seamstresses among you can also sew a seam zipper into the side seam. You can see how this works, for example, in this video.
Fabrics: here and here
Well then I hope that summer will last a good while, so that some "Romys" can still be performed on the beach!
And if not, this skirt is sure to cut a fine figure in baby cord or light denim. I'll show you.
- What is internal and external work
- Game of Thrones is overrated in India
- Today is Easter
- Which conductor has a high and a low specific resistance?
- How do you join rar files
- What are the benefits of Sharbati wheat
- Where and when do blueberries grow best
- Is collagen a globular protein
- A great leader can be narcissistic
- What do you love about biology
- Teacher recommendations are still important
- What are some crepes toppings
- Why do smart people make more money
- Who flies drones near Gatwick Airport
- What is the unit of measurement of DNA
- Is win7 safe
- How do you make wrong data
- What is the sqrt 3 I.
- Like cells
- What are unknown facts about Rani Laxmibai
- What was Jason Derulo's first song
- What is primary disinfection
- How to write a methodology
- What will life be like after NICMAR