How should someone document an API
Instructions: Generate API program code from the OpenAPI documentation
Admittedly, OpenAPI documentation does not turn into a finished API completely by magic, and a code generator does not make developers superfluous either. Such a generator can relieve you of a lot of hard work. In the classic way, you first write the code and then manage to document the finished API. The approach is called "Code First" and it is suitable if someone asks for the documentation only after completion. The most widely used standard for API documentation for REST APIs is called OpenAPI, the documentation is formulated in YAML format. There is some generator support for the code first approach. Then relevant functions in the code are provided with comment blocks and a parser turns them into OAS documentation.
The opposite approach, ie "API First", has also become popular. Without even writing a line of code, the requirements for the API are recorded in an OAS description.
Not starting with the programming directly, but first documenting the API in a YAML file, sounds terribly cumbersome and unfamiliar to many. However, the approach offers many advantages: Those who work in larger teams or companies will not be able to avoid agreeing with the client and colleagues on exactly how the API should be built. An OpenAPI description offers a neutral, programming language-independent and comparatively easy-to-read option.
- Where does the German chocolate cake come from?
- Is murder ever okay
- How did the old Romans smell?
- Why are anti-Hillary ads still showing?
- What is Dora the Explorer really exploring?
- What is more important religion or love
- IPhone cases are good business
- What parameters increase a person's intelligence
- Why do YouTubers mostly play PUBG
- How effective is torture?
- What do you refuse to believe
- How do I gain 5 pounds
- What do you mean by philanthropist
- What is the future of environmental engineers like
- What is Fourier Transform 1
- Can we use node js with net
- What are some mind-boggling FBI cases
- How rated Zomato restaurants
- How does AR 15 security work
- Why do we need a laptop
- Are there innovative convenience stores
- Are important records public
- What are the best banks in Japan
- How should a beautiful make-up be?