What is the best military march
Gaisburger Marsch, Verheierte, potato wedges and spaetzle or Böckinger Feldgeschrei are traditional Swabian stew dishes.
The name "Gaisburger Marsch" is said to come from the fact that in the 19th century Stuttgart officer candidates developed a preference for a strong beef stew with spaetzle and potatoes, which was served in the "Bäckerschmide" restaurant in nearby Gaisburg. Since the officer cadets had to adhere to a certain military marching order on the way from the Berger barracks to this inn, the court was ultimately called the "Gaisburger Marsch". According to another version, the Gaisburg men were allegedly taken prisoner of war and their wives were allowed to provide them with one bowl of food a day. Everything that tasted good and was nutritious was put into this bowl. With that, the women marched to their husbands every day. In the eponymous Stuttgart district of Gaisburg, the history of this dish is celebrated once a year in the summer months with a festival lasting several days.
The name "Verheierte" (married) probably alludes to the connection between the side dishes potatoes and spaetzle.
Recipe for "Gaisburger March"
(for 4 people)
- 500 g boiled meat (bow or breast)
- 500 g beef soup bones
- 100 g carrots
- 100 g celeriac
- 50 g leeks
- 200 g onions
- Spices (peppercorns, allspice, juniper, clove, bay leaf)
As a deposit:
- 100 g carrot
- 100 g celeriac
- 100 g leeks
- 200 g waxy potatoes
- 200 g spaetzle
For the meat broth, rinse the beef bones with cold water, put them in a saucepan and fill up with 2 - 2.5 liters of cold water. Bring the water slowly to the boil and immediately skim off the resulting turbidity. Add the boiled meat and the spices as well as a little salt and cook or simmer the meat for about 2-3 hours.
In the meantime, prepare the soup vegetables and the garnish. For the soup vegetables, wash the carrots, celeriac and leek thoroughly and cut into small pieces, also parsley stalks and / or other herbs. Cut the onions with the skin into small pieces (this gives the broth a nice color!). Peel the carrots, celeriac and potatoes for the garnish. Cut the vegetables into cubes. Cut the potatoes into small wedges or cubes.
Remove as soon as the boiled meat is soft after the cooking time. Now add the soup vegetables and simmer for another hour. Then strain with the help of a strainer so that the broth stays clear. Cut the boiled meat into cubes, this serves as a further deposit.
Put the broth back up, season to taste with salt and nutmeg, if necessary boil down a little so that the taste becomes stronger and the potatoes and vegetables cook in it.
To serve, add the cubes of boiled meat and spaetzle and mix. Serve with chives and fried onion rings.
Recipe: Gasthaus zur Linde
- Why is Vancouver so expensive
- E mc 3 is possible
- Why are gray hamsters so rare
- What violin do you play
- Is BTX or EXO more popular overseas
- What do cancer cells feed on?
- How does OMR work
- Everyone should be fashion conscious
- What are the limits of echocardiography
- Who is a critical friend
- How do you calculate your birth number
- Why do dogs and cats eat grass?
- Dinosaur soft tissue was found
- How are the Romans today?
- Knowledge of depression is good
- You can get high hand sanitizer
- How was your private school experience
- Which rappers rap on orchestral beats
- How can I develop detective skills
- How can I write better
- Why do I hate people from India
- How does music affect your goals
- Which is the best app for soccer
- What is the latest model of iPhone