Why ethoxyethane is water soluble
Diethyl etherDrug groupsAnestheticsInhalation anesthetics Diethyl ether is an active ingredient from the group of anesthetics that is rarely used medically today because it is easily flammable.
synonym: AetherPhEur, Ether, EthyletherProducts
Diethyl ether is available as a pure substance from specialist retailers.Structure and properties
Diethyl ether (C.4H10O, Mr = 74.1 g / mol) is a clear, colorless and highly volatile liquid that is soluble in water. The disadvantage of the substance is that it is very flammable and potentially explosive. The vapors are heavier than air and can migrate to an ignition source on the ground. In addition, diethyl ether has an unpleasant odor. Diethyl ether belongs to the group of symmetrical ethers.
Diethyl ether (ATC N01AA01) has narcotic (anesthetic) and muscle relaxing properties.Areas of application Abuse
Diethyl ether can be misused as an inhalable intoxicant. The vapors induce drowsiness, intoxication, and drowsiness.unwanted effects
- Irritation of the respiratory tract, irritation of the mucous membranes
- Nausea, vomiting
- Long waking up phase
- Liver and kidney toxicity
- In contrast to other anesthetics, the circulation and breathing are hardly affected
Inhalation anesthetics, ethersliterature
- Bovill J.G. Inhalation anesthesia: from diethyl ether to xenon. Handb Exp Pharmacol, 2008, 182, 121-42 Pubmed
- Cox D. et al. Distribution of ether in two postmortem cases. J Anal Toxicol, 2006, 30 (8), 635-7 Pubmed
- European Pharmacopoeia PhEur
- Safety data sheet
- Ward M.E., Meyerhein R.F. Diethyl ether, a chemical asphyxiant used as a prelude to homicide: a report of three cases. J Forensic Sci, 1997, 42 (2), 344-8 Pubmed
Conflicts of Interest: None / Independent. The author has no relationships with the manufacturers and is not involved in the sale of the products mentioned.
Support PharmaWiki with a donation!
© PharmaWiki 2007-2021 - PharmaWiki provides independent and reliable information about medication and health.
This article was last changed on 11/11/2020.
Imprint and data protection declaration
Show products for this page
- How do Netflix Original Movies make money
- Really gives Facebook a winning prize
- Tip for restaurant gift cards
- Who wrote The Well Tempered Clavier 1
- What is household dust made of
- What does it mean to bend my knees
- Are narcissists looking for stability
- What color are red and beige
- Can a narcissist be a good people
- What are some flood warning signs
- Why iPhones Sell Samsung Phones Better
- What is LinkedIn's Heading Example
- What are streets made of
- How can a person get AIDS
- Is sustainable development a contradiction?
- What are the different types of hosting
- Why wasn't XQuery more popular
- How can I scientifically prepare for exams?
- What does the name Armitage mean
- What makes someone a thought leader
- How should I do karma yoga
- Where is the natural waterfall in India
- What causes hyporeflexia
- Are there pirated copies on Amazon