When will Nagpur Metro be operational?
A metro relieves the streets of Nagpur
KfW is providing half a billion euros for the construction of a light rail in India
The Indian city of Nagpur is getting a metro to ensure the mobility of its 2.3 million inhabitants in an environmentally friendly and comfortable way. KfW is supporting this project with a loan of EUR 500 million, for which the contract was signed in Delhi on April 1. This is the first promotional loan from KfW for the Asian country, i.e. a loan that is refinanced on behalf of the federal government from KfW's own funds.
Construction of the metro in Nagpur in central India has already started. The major project will cost a total of EUR 1.24 billion. KfW is helping to finance a north-south and an east-west connection, which together will be almost 40 kilometers long. It provides funds for the acquisition of the wagons, for the construction of the rail and communication system as well as the stations.
"By contributing our knowledge and our funding to this project, KfW is contributing to cleaner air, a better climate and increased mobility for the population of Nagpur," says KfW division manager Roland Siller. The first lines are expected to run from autumn 2018, and the entire metro should be ready in 2019. A study is currently underway as to how bus routes and cycle paths can be coordinated with the planned light rail system.
The special purpose vehicle, Nagpur Metro Rail Corporation Limited (NMRCL), founded jointly by the government of the state of Maharasthra and the Indian Ministry of Urban Development, is responsible for the timely completion and subsequent operation.
The metro project in Nagpur is the first to be financed as part of the Indo-German partnership for clean, integrative and environmentally friendly mobility in Indian cities.
- Is apple wood good for woodworking
- Movie actors pay income tax
- How do people benefit from mobile computing
- Is life hard in Chennai
- What are the best vacations in Canada
- Heart attack symptoms can come and go
- Do you like or hate Donald Trump
- How does iodine affect the thyroid gland
- How should someone document an API
- Maria Theresa was a good empress
- What would India be without Jugaad
- How to write a verse
- Why do people use the Twitch app
- What is Superman's height and weight
- HPCL is a government sector
- How to start the album
- Rich people often don't like spicy food
- Is the Newish Red Onion Shampoo good
- What is NVIDIA GeForce
- Is there a pill to quit meth?
- What is a microprocessor based system
- What are some apps to manage sales
- What are some cool flame arm tattoos