How do I unlock my keyboard?
Deactivate laptop keyboard: Locks the keyboard under Windows
In certain situations it is necessary to deactivate the keyboard of your notebook. Find out how it's done here.
They have accidentally spilled coffee on your keyboard or just want to Prevent incorrect entries: There are various reasons why it may be necessary to Lock keyboard on laptop. This can usually be done with an external keyboard quickly via a switch or that Remove the batteries do it, but it doesn't work that easy with a notebook. Here we show you tips on how to use a Laptop keyboard via Windows control panel, a keyboard shortcut or the Registry deactivate.
1. Switch off the keyboard via the device manager
The quickest and easiest way to deactivate the keyboard is through the Windows Control Panel.
- Open the Control Panel and click under "System and Security -> System"On the"Device manager“.
Open the device manager via the Windows 10 control panel.
- Select the entry "Keyboards"And right-click on the keyboard you are currently using.
Under the Keyboards section, select your current keyboard and right click on it to uninstall it.
- Click on "Uninstall device“To deactivate the keyboard.
Good to know: With most notebooks, the keyboard can also be accessed via a Keyboard shortcut lock or unlock with the Fn key (Fn = Function). This normally works with the help of the Fn key and F5, but the second key can vary depending on the manufacturer and model of your notebook. You can recognize the correct key from the keyboard symbol shown on it.
2. Deactivate the laptop keyboard via the registry
As an alternative to the way mentioned above, the keyboard can also be used Set to inactive via the registry.
- To do this, open the run dialog via "Windows + R"And give the commands"regedit" a.
- In the pop-up window, confirm that you are using the "Execute as administrator" want.
- Navigate to the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ kbdclass"And change the value for"begin" on "4". Save your settings with "OK“And close the registry.
- The keyboard keys are now deactivated.
Change the value for "Start" to 4 to deactivate the keyboard via the registry.
Good to know: To disable the number pad you don't have to worry, because Windows 10 switches him automatically during the boot process. However, you have to enter a PIN (for example when logging in) always switch on separately.
76 ratingsØ 4,114.11576Loading ...
Photo credits: Adobe Stock / exentia (sorted by order in the post)
- What is a laser measurement tool
- Why is the REST API stateless
- What is your opinion on applied behavior analysis
- What are the elements of sea water
- What is the best crossbow or pistol
- Are you playing Clash of Clans
- Can you play Hearthstone online
- How do you prepare for NCC
- What types of Maven repositories are there
- What is the additive inverse of one
- Marine biology why do fish jump
- Why do we have college admissions scandals
- What is an electrical assistant
- A will is a public record
- How can I move my website traffic
- Are you afraid of interviews?
- Are human emotions trustworthy
- Binaural sounds help you to remember better
- Why are financing costs excluded from the net present value
- How is knowledge used in psychology
- What fruits and vegetables are keto-friendly
- When did it get so meaningless to say hello?
- Where is zinc used
- What happens when a narcissist prays
- What does sanyo mean in Japanese
- Why do I want to use KarFarm
- How did dialectical behavior therapy help you
- White vinegar destroys silicone gum
- What is dust 1
- How do I make knife scales
- Why are my hydrangeas hanging down
- Why is Ramyeon so addicting?
- How well can the Seychelles settle
- How will VR change puzzle games