How much first aid should I know
First aid: act correctly in an emergency
Is the victim unconscious, i.e. not responding to loud speaking, but breathing normally? Then bring it to the stable side position. This will prevent fluids such as blood or vomit from getting into the airways that could choke the affected person. Then check your breathing regularly until emergency services arrive.
If, on the other hand, you can find no breathing or only irregular breathing (gasping), this indicates a cardiac arrest. Failure of the heart's pumping function, if left untreated, inevitably leads to cardiac arrest. Blood is no longer pumped through the body - the victim is in acute danger of death. This condition can only be reversed for a very short time. Therefore, start resuscitation immediately. These include Chest compressions and ventilation. Untrained laypeople who are not confident in ventilation can also help by only performing chest compressions.
Start with chest compressions. The correct frequency is 100 to 120 presses per minute. To keep to them, it helps if you quietly sing along to the pop hit “La Macarena” or “Stayin’ Alive ”in your head. This is the result of a study by the European Society for Anaesthesiology at the University of Barcelona. The chest compressions alternate with the ventilation: 30x presses, 2x ventilation. In practice, however, it has been shown that some people are unsure, especially when it comes to ventilation. Again, before you don't help at all, you can just do chest compressions. Do not end the resuscitation until you notice clear signs of life or take over rescue workers.
First aid also includes psychological measures. People who appear unharmed after an accident are often in shock and may endanger themselves through unreflective behavior. You can achieve a lot by speaking to those affected, calming them down, taking them out of the danger zone and monitoring their condition until professional helpers are on site.
- How does automation affect video editing?
- What did Russia inherit from the USSR
- What is mechanical design, manufacture and automation
- What are your perfume preferences
- Are the IPM Rohtak results declared?
- How do programming languages calculate PI
- Have you ever seen strange military activity
- Where can I buy cheap prom dresses
- What do Belgians think of NATO?
- All adoptions should be open adoptions
- There is cotton in polyester
- What is a Chromium Browser
- What use is a government
- Can Adrian Lamo decrypt 128-bit encryptions
- What is Google's AI Hub
- Do you like the term moral compass
- What is a good resume made of?
- What is the rating of 6
- Bedrooms can be of different colors
- Formaldehyde is the simplest carbohydrate
- Check out colleges on social media
- Which country has the highest investment returns
- Is it okay to be ignorant
- How is your trading experience at Copyop
- Where does rheumatoid arthritis usually start
- What if the world had no films
- How popular is psychoanalysis in your country
- Who met Burhan Wani
- When will the West respect Iran?
- What generates leads on Facebook
- How do founders write their résumé
- How do you dream in space