Is urea and ammonium nitrate the same
Ammonium nitrate urea solution
Ammonium nitrate urea solution (short: AHL) is a pressure-free, nitrogenous liquid fertilizer.
Composition and properties
AHL (or UAN = Urea Ammonium Nitrate) is a colorless liquid mixture of ammonium nitrate, urea and water. Commercially available grades have 32, 30 and 28% by weight of nitrogen.
[kg / m³]
|Vapor pressure *|
|Salting out temp.|
* at 15.6 ° C
AHL with 28 percent by weight nitrogen (N) is composed of 7% nitrate nitrogen, 7% ammonium nitrogen and 14% amide nitrogen (from the urea). The pH value for commercial goods is 7 to 7.5, which is adjusted with a slight excess of ammonia during manufacture (reduces corrosion during storage and transport, reduces decomposition of urea and ammonium nitrate). AHL is heavier than water (specific gravity 1.28). The corrosive intensity of the non-volatile AHL, which smells slightly of ammonia, can be compared with brine or brine.
The following reference values are therefore important:
- 100 kg AHL = 28 kg N
- 100 l AHL = 36 kg N
To check the nitrogen content, 1 liter of AHL can be weighed (weigh 1.28 kg at 15 ° C). To compensate for lime, 1 kg of pure nitrogen from AHL requires 1 kg of calcium oxide (CaO).
AHL attacks bare iron and non-ferrous metals. All parts in contact with liquids must be liquid fertilizer-proof. Its properties change when water is added. If the dosage is too high, AHL can cause plant burns.
The most common uses are for the first nitrogen application in spring in the cultivation of grain and rapeseed. In the case of cereals, there is the option of combining herbicides with AHL on almost all areas where weed control was not carried out in autumn.
- Why is IBM going to hire an electronics student
- Why is orange groin unhealthy?
- Boston is a country
- Who owns a movie
- Spy on FaceTime
- What are the social foundations of law
- Is there anti-Semitism in Australia
- How is 25 5 14
- Is stem cells effective in CKD patients
- What is lattice girder
- SAT 2 results will come in the mail
- What are some advanced CSS frameworks
- How do I make accounting interesting
- What is the controversy of IIPM
- Can someone catch a bee with sticks?
- Him Shillong or Gwalior
- When will Nagpur Metro be operational?
- Creditworthiness is important
- What is the most successful song by The Rembrandts
- How is Uranus different from other planets
- How can I learn about animals?
- Where can I get a certificate online
- Can you distinguish a circle
- How to learn esoteric astrology